(cross-posted basically everywhere, orz)✮ Writing & Beta-Reading Commissions ✮
Hello, my name is Clover! You can see examples of my work at Skylark
, and thingwithfeathers
I'm between jobs for a few months, so I've opened fic commissions. If you've ever wanted to see a particular fic come to life, now's a good time to make that dream come true. I've also worked as a professional freelance technical editor for over 10 years and I'm very
good at my job, so I can also be commissioned for beta reading (of fic or schoolwork or poetry or anything else you want—I've edited everything from 100 word drabbles to 40 page Master's theses).
Writing fics between 1k-2k is my sweet spot, but I will happily write less than 1k and up to 4k. I can stretch to write even longer pieces for additional cost. My upper limit is 10k.
If you'd like to support me (thank you!) but don't want to commission me, I also have a ko-fi
I WILL write/edit:
Any series I've written before, any series on my kitsu.io from the "completed" or "currently watching" lists, and this list
- Original characters that you've created
- Original fic
- Most AUs (I can't write zombies or pirates, but outside of that I'm okay with most settings)
- I'm a health professional so if you want something laden with medical accuracy, I'm your best pick
I will NOT write/edit:
- Character death and/or permanent injury, gory violence, zombies/werewolves/vampires, cancer, abuse, suicide, and pregnancy/raising children plots
- Third person POV preferred but I'll write first and second if requested
- The 18+ NSFW List: medical kink; watersports/scat; oviposition; stuffing; and degradation, especially name calling (click link for more info)
- Noncon (dubcon ok)
- I can't write out of character stuff :(
- In general I reserve the right to reject any commission idea received.
All payments are conducted via Paypal invoice, though if you can't use paypal we can maybe arrange some other method.
If I cannot complete the commission for any reason, you will receive a full refund. However, once payment is received there are no refunds
100 words = 1 USD
Minimum purchase of 1 USD, which will get you a 100 word drabble
1,000 words - 4,000 words = 10 USD - 40 USD
Fics greater than 5,000 words have an additional 50% cost. Example:
5,000 words = 75 USD, 6,000 words = 90 USD, etc.
If this is too complicated, you can tell me how much you're willing to pay and I'll tell you what I can do for you.
I charge 20 USD/hour and usually edit at a speed of 8 pages an hour if you want full, exhaustive editing.
My work can scale! I can do a quick pass for grammar/spelling/punctuation or go all in and talk to you about sentence structure, pacing, fact checking, characterization, and the rhythm of your writing. Obviously less in depth beta reading will allow me to work faster and therefore would cost less.
Please e-mail me at email@example.com
- A rough description of your idea
- What length of fic you're thinking of
- When you need the fic by, if applicable
- Things you like and (most importantly) don't like to see in fic
More specifics are better; if you want something to be included in the fic, no matter how small, please mention it.
After that, expect to have a small conversation about the fic as I try to get a better idea of what you're looking for. Once we're both certain that we understand the scope of work and what the fic should be like, I'll send you a very rough outline. (If you want to be surprised, you can forego seeing an outline.) If you are satisfied with the outline, I will send you a paypal invoice.
After payment is received, I will start working on your commission! If you would like I can show you sample paragraphs or scenes as I go so you can confirm that the characterization is to your liking, or I can keep it a surprise until the work is done.
Please send an e-mail with the type of piece, length of the piece, and deadline. I'll reply back with a price quote and we can work from there.
I work in google docs, with all my edits made as suggestions that you are free to accept and reject.
Whew! This was a lot of information, but I hope it was useful to you. If you would like to commission me, please send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org